Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back in my good graces

Luxembourg, that is.

My moment of expat angst has passed and I'm feeling much better.  Two reasons for this, I think:

1)  I found another cable company offering pretty much the same television package at nearly the same price.  Don't know why it never occurred to me to search for other options.  That's the thing about relying so heavily on our relocation service:  rather than figure things out for my own, I just blindly accept whatever they say.  Since they suggested this particular cable company and package, that's all we considered.  (Wait six months for TV?  Okay, if that's how it is here.  Turn over my first-born child in return for a parking sticker?  Whatever you say...)  Not that I'm complaining.  I LOVE the relocation service.  It's my own fault for being lazy... Anyway, I found this other cable company, signed up online (no French speaking required!) and am waiting to hear from them.  Let's just hope the "Chère Madame" letters don't start appearing in my mailbox.

2)  I may have figured out the parking ticket situation.  Apparently, when we returned the rental car and bought our own, I was supposed to visit the Bierger Center (where all resident paperwork is completed) and get a new parking vignette.  Oops.  Well, this mistake probably explains the last ticket, though it still leaves at least one that's a total mystery.

So, I'm back to loving Luxembourg.

And, just because I feel like posting a random cute kid picture, here's Kate after she packed her own lunch the other day.  She was so proud of herself, and she ate every bite of it.  Now if I could just convince her to cook her own dinner (and the rest of the family's too.)  Too much to expect of a three-year-old?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you figured out the parking vignette thing. I was starting to wonder. I seem to have the Parking Fairy who follows me around as I never had any problems with my rental car . . . which had NO vignette, and I didn't realize exactly how the payment thing worked right away. For example, I parked in front of the Alima several times and never even LOOKED for the machines. Just parked there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, could you send your parking fairy my way? I'm still not confident I've figured this whole thing out.

    ReplyDelete